6.01.2009

The One About "The Beast"



This guy is Umehara Daigo aka The Beast. "Why is this unassuming asian guy called that?", you ask. He earned that name by becoming one of the most dominant Street Fighter players/competitors in the world. I've seen this guy live in action and it is inspiring. He makes the best players in competition look like scrubs.

This vid is the championship match where Daigo became the 1st SFIV World Champ, in San Francisco, CA.



Justin Wong, Daigo's challenger in the vid, was crowned the US Champ earlier that night, no slouch by any means, and Daigo made short work of him. All in all though, I give props to both guys, they gave a hell of a show.

In the July issue of the Japanese mag, Arcadia there's a six page interview with Daigo where they ask him about his recent victory. Excerpts can be found here. It's an interesting read for folks like myself who are really into the fighting genre. I think I might read it twice...

...cuz that's how I roll

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you roll?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...